Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: San San Long Wearing Mascara

Hi lovelies! I'm sorry I've been such a lazy bum these past few weeks. Haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks and now the month is about to end. Spring is coming! No, we don't have spring pala. Haha! Summer is coming! Anyway, without any relation to that, I'm review to post a review. :)


San San Long Wearing Mascara in 01 (black)
I bought this a couple of months ago at HBC when they were having a sale. I didn't use it right away the time I bought it, but nonetheless it has grown on me. Now, I use this everyday or when at times I want to wear makeup. (I such a lazy bum! ;D)


The packaging is a simple metallic blue tube and has a print on the cap that says 'age defense'. I'm quite confused about it because is this going to make me look younger? Can a mascara make someone look younger just by defending their lashes from aging and make them less wrinkly? lol


The wand is a regular kind of wand. In my opinion, it delivers what it has to do. It catches my lashes nicely, and picks up/deposits the mascara well on my lashes. But because of its size, (its quite huge) I experience some minor problems like having mascara on my lids because whenever I try to load the mascara to my lashes, it always reaches my eyelids. But other than that, I have no other problem with this. I think I just have to practice more. :)


Here's the swatch on a tissue paper. It's a regular black. like an everyday kind of black. (well, if there is such thing!lol)
Moving on, here's the mascara applied on my lashes. I'm sorry I haven't taken any picture of my lashes without the mascara on but I promise that my lashes are thin, regular-length and straight like a typical Asian lashes. :)





*look! some mascara on my lids!*



As you can see, it does a good job on holding up the curl on my lashes. And it really stays that way throughout the day or until I take it off at night when I'm going to wash my face. Really! It's not waterproof but it's not smudgy and it doesn't budge at all. So no panda eyes at the end of the day! It sometimes apply clumpy but nothing a practice can fix. :)
The only downside of this is the scent. It smells like an old makeup. Not like an old expired makeup but more like a grandma makeup (you get the idea) and I just hate it! Luckily, it goes away with a couple of hours.

Pros : 
  • doesn't smudge, budge nor flake
  • holds up curls for such a long time
  • not clumpy
  • the packaging is simple and practical but looks cheap (the print is now fading)
  • the wand is useful and catches all of my lashes and does a pretty good job on applying mascara
  • incredibly affordable for Php 119.00-129.00 (not sure 'coz I got this for just Php 80.00 because of the sale)
Cons:
  • I think this only comes in two colors (black & brown)
  • and the scent! 'nuff said!
Overall, this is quite a good mascara. If you're looking for an everyday use mascara, nothing more nothing less, you can just get away with this. It delivers what a mascara use to do nicely and bonus that it's affordable too!

Is there anything you own that you think is cheap but you've been surprised that it does a pretty good job that you said it is indeed a steal? Do share!

xx
Jen

2 comments:

anney said...

natawa namn ako! Meron palang grandma smell na make up! hihihi!

jen said...

mron nga! hehe.. bsta kaamoy ng mga make up nung unang panahon.. haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...